Email addresses and home pages of current faculty and students can be found by using the WPI campus directory.
Donald Richard Brown III (Rick) joined Worcester Polytechnic Institute in 2000 as an Assistant Professor in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and founded spinlab in 2002. He was promoted to Associate Professor in 2006. He received the Ph.D. degree in 2000 from Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, and the M.S. and B.S. degrees in 1996 and 1992 from The University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, all in Electrical Engineering. He was also employed by the General Electric Company, Plainville, CT as a Development Engineer from 1992 to 1997. In addition to his current faculty appointment, Rick Brown has held consulting contracts with several companies for a variety of different projects including OFDM receiver design and signal analysis, interference mitigation in digital subscriber loops, and network timing recovery and synchronization. He has also served as an expert witness and technical consultant for wireless communication intellectual property litigation. His curriculum vitae.
current graduate students
Kim Chinkidjakarn received her BS and MS degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in 2011 and 2014 respectively. She joined spinlab as an MS student in January 2013 with research interests in wireless power transfer and signal processing techniques in communications.
Shahab Farazi received his B.S. and M.S. degrees both in Electrical Engineering from K.N.T. University of Technology and Iran University of Science and Technology, Iran, respectively. He joined spinlab as a Ph.D. student in August 2014. His research interests include signal processing techniques in cooperative communications.
Sabah Razavi received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from Azad University Najafabad Branch, Iran September 2006 and April 2009 respectively. He then worked as a lecturer at Azad University Khorramabad Branch in Electrical Engineering department for two years. He started his Ph.D. at WPI in January 2012 and then joined spinlab in May 2014. His current research interests are in the area of consensus synchronization in wireless sensor networks with both implicit and explicit acknowledgment.
Kirty Vedula has a B Tech degree from Amrita University and an MS degree from Rutgers Univeristy in Electrical and Computer Engineering. He joins spinlab as a Ph.D student in August of 2015. His research interests are in statistical signal processing, innovative sampling techniques and communication systems.
Rui Wang received his BS in Electrical Engineering from Nanjing University of Aeronuatics and Astronautics (NUAA), China in July 2011. He joined spinlab in August of 2012 as a Ph.D. student. His research interests are in the area of multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) systems and analysis of innovative sampling techniques. Personal webpage.
former graduate students
- Radu David: PhD May 2015. Currently with MathWorks.
- Min Ni: MSECE August 2010, PhD ECE July 2013.
- Joshua Bacon: MSECE May 2012.
- Yizheng Liao: MSECE May 2011.
- Jie Yang: PhD July 2009.
- Boyang Zhang: MSECE May 2009. Currently with Azimuth Systems.
- Tyson Coey: MSECE July 2007.
- James McGinley: MSECE May 2007.
- Steven Laverty: MSECE May 2005.
- Kevin Keenaghan: MSECE May 2004. Currently with NUWC.
- Altin Peltekun: MSECE January 2004. Currently working towards his PhD in NECAMSID.
- Jeff Fanueff: MSECE July 2002. Currently with Bose, Inc.
current undergraduate students
- Max Li: BSECE May 2017.
- Yue Wang: Post-Doctoral Researcher, Notre Dame.
- Neil Fox: Program Manager, DARPA.
- Robert Preuss: Lead Scientist, BBN Technologies.
- Pat Bidigare: Lead Scientist, BBN Technologies.
- H. Vincent Poor: Dean of Engineering, Princeton University.
- Raghu Mudumbai: Assistant Professor, University of Iowa.
- Soura Dasgupta: Professor, University of Iowa.
- Upamanyu Madhow: Professor, University of California Santa Barbara.
- Elza Erkip: Associate Professor, Polytechnic University.
- Deniz Gunduz: Postdoctoral Researcher, Princeton University.
- Man-On Pun: Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories.
- John McNeill: Associate Professor, WPI ECE Department.
- Andy Klein: Assistant Professor, WPI ECE Department.
- Islam Hussein: Associate Professor, WPI ME Department.