Welcome to the home page for ECE2311 "Continuous-Time Signal and System Analysis" for D-term 2010.
announcements and lecture slides
- [STICKY] The times and locations of the ECE2311 help sessions have been finalized. Mondays 1-3pm Prof. Brown AK313. Mondays 3-5pm Yizheng Liao AK207a. Thursdays 2-5pm Umair Khan AK318.
- [04-May-2010] An interesting example of Fourier analysis.
- [27-Apr-2010] Sallen-key filter demo.
- [14-Apr-2010] FCC frequency allocation chart.
- [08-Apr-2010] Matlab code demonstrating the relationship between the Fourier series and the Fourier transform.
- [07-Apr-2010] Another reference on Fourier series. The section near the end about the Fourier series of musical instruments is particularly interesting.
- [06-Apr-2010] Very cool Fourier series Java applet. Wait a few seconds for the applet to load in your browser.
- [05-Apr-2010] Matlab code for phasor analysis example.
- [01-Apr-2010] Matlab code for problem 6.1-1 (f) in Lathi.
- [31-Mar-2010] Matlab code for example 6.1 in Lathi.
- [29-Mar-2010] There are quite a few tools for visualizing convolution on the web. See, for example, the Java-based Joy of Convolution and the Matlab-based Continuous Convolution Demo (scroll to the bottom of the page).
- [23-Mar-2010] Example Matlab script demonstrating the sifting property of the impulse function.
- [15-Mar-2010] Welcome to ECE2311!
The required course textbook is Linear Systems and Signals by B.P. Lathi.
The course syllabus (pdf) including expected course outcomes, grading information, and late policies.
- Homework assignment 1. Due 3/23. Solution.
- Homework assignment 2. Due 3/30. Solution.
- Homework assignment 3. Due 4/06. Solution.
- Homework assignment 4. Due 4/13. Solution.
- Homework assignment 5. Due 4/20. Solution.
- Homework assignment 6. Due 4/28. Solution (corrected again). I corrected a +/- mistake on problem 1 and also corrected the details that I added to problem 5.
quizzes and examinations
- Quiz 1 is scheduled for 3/26. Solution.
- Quiz 2 is scheduled for 4/02. Solution.
- Quiz 3 is scheduled for 4/09. Solution (corrected).
- Quiz 4 is scheduled for 4/16. Solution.
- Quiz 5 is scheduled for 4/23. Solution (corrected). I corrected the u(t) in the last problem to a u(t-1) as mentioned in the email to the class.
- Quiz 6 is scheduled for 4/30. Solution.
- The comprehensive final exam is scheduled for 5/04. Solution.